Dr Abidali Mohamedali
Associate Lecturer- Leadership and Entrepreneurship Innovation,
Department of Chemistry and Biomolecular Sciences
F7B-4 WALLY’S WALK 119, Macquarie University
Phone: +61 (2) 9850 8292, Fax: +61 (2) 9850 8212
Abidali is an associate lecturer at Macquarie University in the Faculty of Science and Engineering. He completed his PhD in 2010 studying, using proteomics, the effects of single mutations in mouse model on brain development in the autism spectrum disorder, Rett syndrome. He then returned to Macquarie university undertaking a post-doc to study the biology of metastasis in colorectal cancer using proteomics and to determine novel therapeutic targets and develop novel technologies to examine the plasma proteome. He has since pursued that expanding his interests into bioinformatics and particularly ‘missing proteins’.
(from 2013; for full list organized as themes, see CV)
- Baker, M.S., Ahn, S.B., Mohamedali, A., Islam, M.T., Cantor, D., Verhaert, P.D., Fanayan, S., Sharma, S., Nice, E.C., Connor, M. and Ranganathan, S., 2017. Accelerating the search for the missing proteins in the human proteome. Nature communications, 8, p.14271.
- Islam, M. T., Mohamedali, A., Fernandes, C. S., Baker, M. S., & Ranganathan, S. (2017). De novo peptide sequencing: deep mining of high-resolution mass spectrometry data. Proteome Bioinformatics, 119-134.
- Islam, M. T., Mohamedali, A., Ahn, S. B., Nawar, I., Baker, M. S., & Ranganathan, S. (2017). A Systematic Bioinformatics Approach to Identify High Quality Mass Spectrometry Data and Functionally Annotate Proteins and Proteomes. Proteome Bioinformatics, 163-176.
- Mohamedali, A., Tan, S.H., Mahboob, S., Kapur, A. and Baker, M.S., 2016. Cross species applicability of anti-human plasma IgY affinity column.
- Cheruku, H.R., Mohamedali, A., Cantor, D.I., Tan, S.H., Nice, E.C. and Baker, M.S., 2015. Transforming growth factor-β, MAPK and Wnt signaling interactions in colorectal cancer. EuPA Open Proteomics, 8, pp.104-115.
- Jufri, N.F., Mohamedali, A., Avolio, A. and Baker, M.S., 2015. Mechanical stretch: physiological and pathological implications for human vascular endothelial cells. Vascular cell, 7(1), p.8.
- Mahboob, S., Mohamedali, A., Ahn, S.B., Schulz-Knappe, P., Nice, E. and Baker, M.S., 2015. Is isolation of comprehensive human plasma peptidomes an achievable quest?. Journal of proteomics, 127, pp.300-309.
- Mahboob, S., Ahn, S.B., Cheruku, H.R., Cantor, D., Rennel, E., Fredriksson, S., Edfeldt, G., Breen, E.J., Khan, A., Mohamedali, A. and Muktadir, M.G., 2015. A novel multiplexed immunoassay identifies CEA, IL-8 and prolactin as prospective markers for Dukes’ stages AD colorectal cancers. Clinical proteomics, 12(1), p.10.
- Ahn, S.B., Chan, C., Dent, O.F., Mohamedali, A., Kwun, S.Y., Clarke, C., Fletcher, J., Chapuis, P.H., Nice, E.C. and Baker, M.S., 2015. Epithelial and stromal cell urokinase plasminogen activator receptor expression differentially correlates with survival in rectal cancer stages B and C patients. PloS one, 10(2), p.e0117786.
- Ahn, S.B., Mohamedali, A., Anand, S., Cheruku, H.R., Birch, D., Sowmya, G., Cantor, D., Ranganathan, S., Inglis, D.W., Frank, R. and Agrez, M., 2014. Characterization of the interaction between heterodimeric αvβ6 integrin and urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) using functional proteomics. Journal of proteome research, 13(12), pp.5956-5964.
- Ahn, S.B., Mohamedali, A., Chan, C., Fletcher, J., Kwun, S.Y., Clarke, C., Dent, O.F., Chapuis, P.H., Nice, E. and Baker, M.S., 2014. Correlations between Integrin ανβ6 Expression and Clinico-Pathological Features in Stage B and Stage C Rectal Cancer. PloS one, 9(5), p.e97248.
- Islam, M.T., Mohamedali, A., Garg, G., Khan, J.M., Gorse, A.D., Parsons, J., Marshall, P., Ranganathan, S. and Baker, M.S., 2013. Unlocking the puzzling biology of the black Périgord truffle Tuber melanosporum. Journal of proteome research, 12(12), pp.5349-5356.
- Tan, S.H., Mohamedali, A., Kapur, A. and Baker, M.S., 2013. Ultradepletion of human plasma using chicken antibodies: a proof of concept study. Journal of proteome research, 12(6), pp.2399-2413.
- Kan, A., Mohamedali, A., Tan, S.H., Cheruku, H.R., Slapetova, I., Lee, L.Y. and Baker, M.S., 2013. An improved method for the detection and enrichment of low-abundant membrane and lipid raft-residing proteins. Journal of proteomics, 79, pp.299-304.